Matcha red bean braided bread. Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE our channel! We love seeing your creations of our recipes. Please feel free to share with us^^ Detailed Recipe 詳細食譜.
He still needs a little convincing. These Matcha Buns are filled with Sweet Red Bean Paste and are a popular choice in every Japanese bakery. Matcha buns aka Anpan is a classic Japanese soft bun pastry filled with sweet red bean paste. You can have Matcha red bean braided bread using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matcha red bean braided bread
- You need 100 g of red bean and 80g sweetener (for red bean paste).
- Prepare 250 g of bread flour.
- You need 300 ml of warm water (can try from 280g then slowly add to prevent watery dough).
- Prepare 5 g of dried yeast.
- Prepare 20 g of oil.
- You need 20 g of sweetener.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of matcha powder.
If you've never tried the flavour combination of slightly bitter matcha and sweetness of red. The bread is supper fluffy, moist, soft and tender with wonderful. This red bean bread recipe is completely made from scratch. It takes some time, but the result–soft We FINALLY have a red bean bread recipe for you guys—a bun version AND a swirl loaf.
Matcha red bean braided bread step by step
- Boil red bean, throw boiling water away as soon as water boil.
- Add cold water and keep simmering until soft.
- Add sweetener and keep simmering until water is almost gone.
- Blend all of the dough ingredients except matcha.
- Knead well (put some flour on table surface to prevent stick).
- Divide dough into two and add matcha powder into one of it.
- Wait for it to ferment until double its size (around an hour).
- Divide both of the dough into two pieces (get 2 white 2 green dough) and roll out.
- Place one white dough at the bottom, then red bean, then one green dough, then red bean, then one white dough, then one green dough.
- Cut dough into 6-8 pieces and slash two lines then braid the dough.
- Ferment again until almost double its size.
- Bake at 180c or 350F for 20mins.
Braid the pieces with the layered sides facing up. This will make for a really nice pattern when it bakes up. This pillowy soft Matcha-Milk Tangzhong Bread made using the tangzhong method weaves together milk and matcha dough to create a lovely fluffy loaf! Considering the fact that this Matcha-Milk Tangzhong Bread is THE BOMB, I decided that putting it up it wouldn't be so bad ultimately. Find matcha red bean stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.