Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread. This video shows how to make a sourdough bread from all varieties of ancient wheats like Spelt, Kamut/Khorasan, Einkorn, Emmer, etc. in a very easy way. They pointed out that their strengths counter balance the weaknesses of the other flour. I have both grains so I milled up some flour and set out to make some bread.
This time of year is my absolute favorite, and winter squash is one of the reasons why. Each variety is special in its own rite, and while it's hard to choose a. Kamut wheat is renowned for its delicious buttery, nutty flavor, and high nutritional value. You can have Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread
- Prepare 1 of kabocha squash, cubed.
- Prepare 5 cups of organic kamut, freshly milled.
- Prepare 5 cups of organic spelt, freshly milled.
- You need 2 cups of sourdough starter.
- It’s 2 cups of Greek yogurt or just filtered water.
- You need 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 cups of filtered water.
- You need 3 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of mulberry syrup or honey.
- It’s 3 tsp of cumin seeds, optional.
- It’s 2 Tsp of teff or sesame seeds, optional.
- It’s 6-7 cup of Organic unbleached all purpose flour.
It has a unique golden hue, and when combined with conventional wheat bread flour, it makes a pale, open, and Breadtopia. Bread Baking Instructional Videos, Recipes, and Baking Equipment and Supplies. Spelt kamut sourdough made with tangzhong water or milk roux makes soft bread with crispy crust that stays fresh. I came up with the recipe for this bread after baking countless loaves of sophisticated sourdoughs using the Tartine method.
Kabocha Squash Kamut/Spelt sourdough bread step by step
- Steam cubed kabocha squash in a steamer for 25 minutes until a fork easily poke through. Cool down to room temperature..
- Mash steamed squash in a food processor or manually using a fork..
- Mix together all wet ingredients and then add freshly milled ancient grain flours, such as spelt and kamut. If you don't have them, just use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour..
- Knead the dough until smooth and your hands are clean too. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and place each dough in a pre oiled bowl to proof..
- After about 4 hours when the dough is double its size..
- Knead the dough and shape them into your desired styles. Proof a second time for about 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 375F and bake for about 30 minutes. Score the bread before baking..
- Sourdough bread keeps well in the room temperature for 3 days and 2 weeks in a fridge and longer in a freezer..
Kabocha (/kəˈboʊtʃə/; from Japanese カボチャ, 南瓜) is a type of winter squash, a Japanese variety of the species Cucurbita maxima. It is also called kabocha squash or Japanese pumpkin in North America. Amongst the many squash varieties, kabocha probably tastes the sweetest. Its rich texture and flavor is akin to a sweet potato and a pumpkin combined. The green outer skin may look.