SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding). Shahi Tukda or Shahi Tukra is an Indian bread pudding, which is made with golden fried bread soaked in a rich, saffron induced custard sauce. It imparts a lovely color and aroma to the Shahi Tukda. So I hope I've convinced you to try this rich, royal dessert.
It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry. Deep-fried bread absorbs a milk sauce seasoned with saffron and cardamom, all of which is covered by fried cashews, almonds, and pistachios in this dessert recipe from Hyderabad, India. Reviews for: Photos of Shahi Tukra (Indian Bread Pudding). You can have SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding)
- It’s 7 of bread cut triangles (toasted it with or without ghee).
- It’s (2 cups milk few saffron strings) of Cream milk.
- It’s 2 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 tbsn of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsn of cornflour dissolved with milk.
- Prepare of Sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (can add less).
- Prepare 1 cup of water few strings.
- It’s of Saffron,.
- You need 2 of cardamom and pinch of yellow colour.
- It’s of Mawa milk:.
- You need 1 tbsn of ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of milk powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsn of cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
Shahi Tukda means a Royal Piece (of bread, royal because of the use of expensive dry fruits and spices). This desert has origins from Mughlai Cuisine but apparently it has made its way to Indian kitchen due to the usage of common Indian spices and nuts. So you can call it Indian or Mughlai desert. Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, shahi tukra is an Indian bread pudding with dry fruits and flavored with cardamom.
SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) instructions
- Make the sugar syrup with the above ingredients for sugar syrup. Now make cream milk(like custard) boil 2 cup of milk with saffron, cardamom, sugar then add the dissolved cornflour and mix well till little thick and creamy..
- Now make mawa milk… heat ghee on the pan and add milk, let it boil.. now mix milk powder, then add cream and sugar and mix.remove from heat..
- ASSEMBLE the toasted bread in deep dish, coat the bread with warm sugar syrup (all syrup)now pour the warm cream milk..
- Now with spoon drizzle all the mawa milk, decorate with pistachios and silver leaf(not aluminium foil) enjoy 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry. This Indian dessert is a Mughlai favorite that combines fried bread slices soaked in hot milk and spices. Shahi Tukda or Indian bread pudding is made by deep frying stale bread, dipping it in sugar syrup and serving it with cream topped with dry fruits. This uncomplicated sweet called Shahi Tukda is a kind of Indian bread pudding that no child or adult can resist. Shahi Tukda is a rich and creamy Indian dessert, where fried bread pieces are dipped in cardamom flavored milk syrup, layered and finished off with some crushed almonds, cashews and pistachios.