Naan Bread Without Yeast. This quick naan recipe requires no yeast — so you don't need to let it rise, and can have naan in a jiffy! This recipe is great if you're in a pinch without yeast, but if you want a fluffier (arguably more authentic) version of naan, check out my regular Naan recipe! Naan recipe with step by step photos.
Perfect homemade accompaniment to any Indian curry and so handy For me naan bread has always been an integral part of a good curry feast and that is where this Easy Naan Bread Without Yeast recipe comes in. Naan Recipe without yeast at home. This instant naan recipe made without yeast gives you soft, puffy, pillow-y bread with beautiful brown blisters. You can cook Naan Bread Without Yeast using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Naan Bread Without Yeast
- You need 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need of Water in a bowl (as needed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of garlic minced.
- It’s of Parsley.
You see you can't go wrong with flat There are many variations of naan bread recipe. In some there is eggs and milk, some has yeast and yogurt, others call for baking soda, milk and eggs. This easy naan recipe uses basic pantry ingredients and results in soft naan which can be enjoyed with creamy curries or just on its own. I tried making bread the other day with my expired yeast and it turned out to be a big disaster. ✔ made without yeast! ✔ pair well with creamy curries or dal.
Naan Bread Without Yeast instructions
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl..
- Make a well in the dry ingredients..
- Add milk and oil in well..
- Mix until you are able to form a ball. I used my hands to do the mixing. If you are finding the dough to still be dry, dip you hands in the bowl of water and continue to work in the dough until you are able to form a ball..
- Remove dough from bowl and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Took me about 7 minutes..
- Divide into dough balls. I made 10 balls with this recipe. Let them rest for 10 minutes..
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat..
- Roll out ball of dough using a roller until thin (like making tortillas)..
- Cook one at a time in the skillet for about 90 seconds on each side or until slightly brown spots appear..
- Repeat for each ball..
- Optional. Melt butter, minced garlic and parsley. Brush on top of each Naan bread..
- Not baad for a quick recipe. Made some butter chicken and brussel sprout salad to go with these. Enjoy!.
Ok, so the recipe for naan without yeast is pretty darn simple. You mix all the wet ingredients, and then add all the dry ones until combined. Naan bread is an Indian flat bread that resembles a pita bread. Usually, it is prepared by leaving yeast in it for several hours, so that it can rise and soften. But if you are conscious about your health and do not want to use yoghurt or yeast in it, then here at OneHowTo.com, you will learn how to make naan.