Country French Bread. Crusty French bread, riddled with holes and full of flavor. Reviews for: Photos of French Country Bread. Reviews: Most Helpful. ТАРТИН (Basic Country Bread) Рецепт и разбор технологии.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the water. (For the formula for calculating water. Called "Pain de Campagne" in French, this rustic country style French bread uses a mix of both wholemeal flour and white bread flour. I've been baking versions of this Four Hour French Country Bread for a while, and I'm really happy with the results. You can cook Country French Bread using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Country French Bread
- Prepare 1 tsp of Active dry yeast.
- You need 2 cups of warm water.
- You need 4-5 cups of unbleached flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg mixed with 1 tbsp of coldwater.
- Prepare of Oil to grease the pan.
French country bread, pain de campagne, using wheat sourdough levain (starter). This sourdough French country style bread is crusty with an open crumb, best baked in Dutch oven. french country bread box, country french bread calories, french country bread recipe bread machine, country french bread costco, french bread recipe king arthur, country italian bread. Thom Leonard's Country French Bread (from "Artisan Baking " by Maggie Glezer). In the French Chef dvd Julia Child mentions the heating pad–and gave me a brainstorm as I was.
Country French Bread step by step
- In a small bowl combine the yeast with 1/2 cup of water. Set aside for 10 minutes until foam starts to form..
- Combine 4 cups of flour with salt in a large mixing bowl..
- Add yeast mixture and remaining water to the flour. Using a mixer with a dough hook, knead the dough until it is no longer sticking to the bowl. Add more flour as needed..
- When dough is no longer sticking to the bowl, set the bowl aside and cover with a dampened cloth. Leave for about 1.5 hours or until dough has doubled in size..
- Remove the dough from the bowl cut into 4 peices..
- Roll the dough with your hands into long buns using a rolling, pulling and squeezing technique.
- Transfer loaves to lightly oiled baking sheets (2 on each). Let rise until doubled again..
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and ensure that racks are on the middle and bottom locations..
- Beat the egg with 1 tbsp of cold water and glaze each loaf..
- With a sharp knife cut diagonal slits in the loaves.
- Place a metal pie pan with water on the bottom rack of the oven..
- Bake loaves for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 400 degrees, switch the places of the pans and bake for another 5 – 10 minutes until loaves are golden brown..
- Remove from oven. Let cool and serve. Tastes great with butter!.
- To freeze: once cooled, wrap in saran wrap and keep in freezer until you're ready to serve it..
French Country Bread recipe: Try this French Country Bread recipe, or contribute your own. Pain de campagne means "country bread" in French; it's our rustic equivalent of a sourdough. Now, of course you can buy bread at your local bakery, or you can throw some ingredients in a bread maker. The French Country Bread recipe out of our category Bread! Wonderful bread, fragrant, with a thin crispy crust.