Buttermilk White Bread. This a great white bread recipe for your bread machine. The use of dried buttermilk powder allows the use of the delayed timer feature of your bread machine. This recipe yields two loaves of buttermilk white bread, a deservedly popular bread.
Insert Baking Pan Into Unit; Close Lid. Puffs Buttermilk White Bread Cast Iron Skillet Corn Bread Cheese Cake Cheese Strata Cherry Bread Herbed Roast Chicken Italian Country Cheese and Sausage Bread Lemon Honey Butter. The best white bread recipe and tutorial. You can cook Buttermilk White Bread using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk White Bread
- Prepare 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of all purpose flour (dusting and adding to the dough just in case the dough is still soggy).
- Prepare 21/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar (or more).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of cultured buttermilk powder.
- You need 11/2 tbsp of vegetable oil in your choice.
- Prepare 11/2 of lukewarm water divided.
- Prepare of Melted butter for brushing.
The buttermilk in this bread recipe gives the bread a rich texture and buttery flavor. Brush loaves with egg white before baking to produce a shiny crust. Spraying loaves with water while they bake will. The texture is divine and the hint of buttermilk just works.
Buttermilk White Bread instructions
- In the bowl or using glass measurement combine half of the lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar, let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- Placed all the dry ingredients in to mixing bowl or a stand mixer. Add the remaining water, oil, and the yeast mixture. Knead at low speed until the dough comes together, soft but not sticky. Add a few more tablespoons flour if necessary. One tablespoon at the time. Continue to Knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth..
- Transfer the dough to lightly greased bowl and make sure that it’s completely coated. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rise in warm and draft-free place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- Lightly flour the work surface with remaining flour and turn out the dough on to it. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Use fingers to gently pat each half into 20x40cm rectangle (8×12 inches) and pressing it all over to remove any air pockets. Starting from the short end roll up into a tight roll and pinch the seams to seal then place each loaf into greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. cover with plastic wrap and let them rise for about an hour or until doubled in size..
- Preheat oven to 400F. And bake the loaves for 20-25 minutes (depending of the oven) until it golden brown or when toothpick comes out clear..
- Invert the bread onto a cooling rack, then re-invert bread and brush the top and side of bread with melted butter. Let it cool completely before slicing. Anyway, actually my husband and I enjoyed it when it was still warm. Give it try!.
Sure it's a white bread and white bread maybe doesn't pack as big a' healthy punch as Jen's Hearty Ancient Grains Bread, but this is a different. Follow instructions for your bread machine. Bread Buttermilk White Bread Canton Black Bean Bread Caraway Seed Bread Carrot And Coriander Bread Challah Bread Cheddar Cheese And Pale Ale Bread. Fruit Soda Bread with RaisinsOn dine chez Nanou. buttermilk, white flour, sugar, baking soda, raisins. This tender buttermilk bread requires no kneading at all—just a cast-iron Dutch oven.