Granny's monkey bread recipe. Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful cinnamon sugar treat that will be loved by young and old alike. Basically a pull-apart bread, monkey-style breads are an ideal way to use refrigerated flaky biscuits. Work quickly with the refrigerated dough, because it will rise better if it's still cool when the pan goes into the oven.
It's basically a giant bundt pan of gooey cinnamon rolls! Finish this fun breakfast or dessert treat with vanilla icing and serve pull apart style. Have you ever had monkey bread before? You can cook Granny's monkey bread recipe using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Granny's monkey bread recipe
- Prepare 24 ounces of buttermilk biscuits I used three 8-ounce packages.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cinnamon or you can use pumpkin pie spice.
- You need 1 c of butter.
- You need 1/2 c of brown sugar.
The classic monkey bread recipe, oozing with warm caramel and cinnamon. Serve for a purely delicious weekend breakfast. Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful treat that will be loved by young and old alike. Be careful, its dangerously addictive. · Grandma Coco's Monkey Bread is so soft and buttery.
Granny's monkey bread recipe instructions
- Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each biscuit into four equal bite-sized pieces..
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl or plastic bag. Drop roll the pieces of dough in the sugar cinnamon mixture and gently arrange them into the prepared Bundt pan..
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture (discard remaining or use for another recipe) with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter..
- Bring mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Stir until sugars have fully dissolved..
- Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the Bundt pan..
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 30 minutes..
- Allow pan to rest for about 5 minutes, then cover with a large plate and invert. To eat, pull desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat..
It is baked in a bundt pan and the sections just pull apart. It's a simple bread recipe and a real crowd pleaser. The classic monkey bread recipe, oozing with warm caramel and cinnamon. An easy homemade Monkey Bread recipe with no rising or yeast required. You're going to love this classic favorite remade entirely from scratch!