No-Knead Crusty Bread. The dough is baked in a covered dutch oven for perfect artisan bread. What I love about this bread. Oh, you thought you couldn't make bakery-style artisan bread at home?
A very easy and astonishingly tasty, crispy artisan bread with no kneading involved. This popular no-knead bread is not only easy, it's crusty and delicious! All you need is some parchment paper and a Dutch oven, and time to let it rise. You can cook No-Knead Crusty Bread using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of No-Knead Crusty Bread
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dry yeast (active dry or highly active dry work best).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of lukewarm water.
- You need of Special cookware needed: Dutch oven or any large oven-safe dish/bowl and lid.
- You need of I used our turkey roaster (with lid) and placed a cake pan (2 inches high – 12/14 inch diameter). It worked perfectly.
Just mix by hand and let the yeast do all of the work. Readers loved the last no-knead bread recipe I published, a focaccia from Zoë François and Jeff Hertzberg of "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" fame, so I decided that was the route I wanted to go for a crusty, whole-wheat loaf. This time, I turned to Jim Lahey, the baker and cookbook author who. Learn how to bake no-knead crusty bread that's deliciously moist and chewy inside, but still has the beautiful outer crust of rustic, peasant loaves.
No-Knead Crusty Bread step by step
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast..
- Add the water and stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy but cohesive dough..
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise..
- An hour and a half before you want to eat the bread, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes..
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surf.
The No-Knead Dutch Oven bread technique and recipe is easy even for beginners. Includes recipe, ingredients list, instructions, step-by-step photos and a. No bread machine or stand mixer needed for this chewy No-Knead Crusty Bread. All you need is flour, yeast, salt, water, a cast iron dutch oven, and time. Whether you're a novice or experienced bread baker, No-Knead bread is the easiest and one of the tastiest bread you'll ever make!