English Muffin Bread. Sourdough English Muffins from Start to Finish I adore english muffins and I really loved this bread. It was just like eating an english muffin without the crust underneath the.
It tastes just like an English muffin! I've been toasting this and smearing it with some butter. What makes this bread "English Muffin" bread? You can cook English Muffin Bread using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of English Muffin Bread
- It’s 3 cups of unbleached all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of and 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of and 1/4 cups purified water.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
I dunno, just the heavy coating of cornmeal and delicate crumb, I guess. To me English Muffins are a bit more "eggy", but this bread is still great all. Place all of the ingredients into the bucket of your bread machine. Use the smaller amount of water in the For a true English muffin effect, remove the dough after either the final kneading or before the.
English Muffin Bread step by step
- In a large bowl add 1 cup flour and the yeast. Set aside..
- Heat water, sugar and salt over medium heat until sugar is dissolved..
- Add the water mixture to the flour and yeast. Mix well..
- Add remaining flour mix by hand until a soft dough forms. Shape and rise in a lightly greased bowl. Once doubled, punch down, rest 10 minutes..
- Transfer to a greased 1 quart casserole pan. Let rise until doubled..
- Bake 400°F for 40 to 45 minutes. Loosely cover with foil it loaf starts to brown to quickly. Remove from dish, cool..
Something about this time of year makes me want to bake bread. Probably because it keeps the kitchen cozy and my mind off the fact that it's freezing outside and. Everything you love about classic English Muffins in an easy-to-slice loaf. What's the greatest thing since sliced bread? This Homemade English Muffins recipe is so much easier than you think!