Ciabatta Bread. As with any bread recipe, there is not one way to approach it rather many different techniques that could be used. This technique produces authentic ciabatta bread that. Ciabatta bread rolls made at home.
This is a bread machine version of the Italian classic which still bakes in your oven. This bread has the crisp crust and coarse crumb one expects from ciabatta. Ciabatta is a funny kind of bread. You can have Ciabatta Bread using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ciabatta Bread
- You need of For The Sponge.
- You need of (1) Cup flour.
- It’s of (1/8) Tsp yeast.
- Prepare of (1/2) Cup water.
- Prepare of For The Dough.
- Prepare of (2) Cups flour.
- You need of (1 1/2) Tsp salt.
- Prepare of (1/2) Tsp yeast.
- Prepare of (3/4) Cup water room temperature.
- It’s of (1/4) Cup milk room temperature.
Far from the golden domed boules or slender baguettes, this No two loaves or rolls of ciabatta ever turn out quite the same. This is something I love about this bread. Cut lengthwise, ciabatta makes a wonderful Italian-style sandwich. Join King Arthur baker Martin Philip and his family as they bake Rustic Italian Ciabatta together, start to finish.
Ciabatta Bread step by step
- Make the Sponge. Combine sponge ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 8-12 hours..
- Make the Dough. Combine the Sponge and the dough ingredients in a mixer bowl. Mix with paddle attachment for 2 minutes on low. Continue mixing on medium for another 4 minutes..
- Change to Dough hook and knead for about 10 minutes..
- Transfer dough to a large bowl and and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes..
- Using a greased spatula, fold dough over into it self. By lifting and folding toward the center. Turn the bowl 90 degrees and fold again. Repeat this step 6 more times..
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes..
- Repeat the folding steps again. Cover and let rise again 30 minutes..
- Place baking stone on middle rack in oven. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Tare off 2 pieces of wax paper about 12 inches x 12 inches. Flour lightly. Turn dough on to a floured surface. Lightly dust the top with flour. Devide dough in half. With floured hands shape each loaf into about a 11×6 rectangle. Place each loaf on the wax paper. Lightly flour the tops. Gently cover them with plastic wrap. Let rise 30 minutes..
- Slide the wax paper with the loaves onto a pizza peel. Remove plastic wrap. Spray the loaves with water. Slide the loaves still on wax paper onto baking stone. In the first 5 minutes of baking spray the loaves 2 more times..
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Until brown..
- Transfer loaves to a wire cooling rack. Discarding the wax paper. Let cool 1 hour. Enjoy!.
Making ciabatta bread is not as difficult as you think—just follow these nine steps and you'll have a Other great ways to serve it include using the bread for your next burger. The bread is strong so load. Enjoy this homemade loaf of ciabatta as a sandwich with mozzarella, basil, tomato and prosciutto, or simply ripped into pieces and dipped in olive oil and good-quality balsamic vinegar. Ciabatta Bread – Fresh baked rustic loaf that's airy and delicious. Italian ciabatta is perfect for sandwiches or in the bread basket at dinner.