Psyllium Husk Shortbread with Dry Fruit. Psyllium husk is a type of dietary fiber that comes from the seeds of the Plantago ovata plant. This plant grows around the world, and producers obtain the fiber by grinding the For this reason, it is important to take psyllium husk with a sufficient amount of water (rather than swallowing it down dry). Psyllium husk or powder comes from the seeds of a medicinal grass; Plantago ovata.
If you have diarrhea issues, you can also take it since psyllium husk helps to treat diarrhea. People with heart issues or high cholesterol can also supplement with psyllium husk. Psyllium seeds and psyllium husk are also used in food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and other related industries. You can cook Psyllium Husk Shortbread with Dry Fruit using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Psyllium Husk Shortbread with Dry Fruit
- Prepare 160 grams of Butter (or Oil).
- It’s 80 grams of Sugar.
- You need 200 grams of Flour.
- It’s 60 grams of Potato Starch.
- You need 20 grams of Psyllium Husk.
- You need 20-40 grams of Your Favorite Dry Fruits (Recommend Cranberry).
In the food industry, psyllium is Fruits are slightly oval in shape. The upper half part of the fruit is in the form of a lid. The harvested seed must be dried to. This helps to clear toxins and prevents them from staying too long in the colon.
Psyllium Husk Shortbread with Dry Fruit instructions
- Put the butter in a heat resistant bowl and wrap. Heat it in microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Add the Sugar and mix well..
- Sift the flour into the bowl. Knead the dough..
- Add the psyllium husk and knead well..
- Cut the dry fruit into your favorite size. Add it and knead well. Roll out to a thickness of about 1cm thick. Cover it wrap and keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Cut the dough into your favorite size. Bake it at 150℃ over for 20-25 minutes..
- I tried to make to use mango & cranberry. My family like cranberry one..
Psyllium husks are an ideal source of fibre for those that. Psyllium husk is an edible soluble fiber and prebiotic, perhaps best known for it's colon cleansing abilities. Once ingested, it expands, forming a gel-like mass by drawing water in from the colon. Psyllium husk or psyllium husks is a fantastic product to use in a low carb, keto, lchf or banting household. The health benefits of psyllium husk also include keeping you digestive health in check.