Banana Crepes (Russian Blinis) with Fruit Fillings. Blini in Russian are actually plural. However, they've been dubbed Blinis in English, and also got Russians eat their blini with jam, honey, and sour cream. They also stuff them with sweet or savoury fillings.
Check out my the Video on " Making Crepes ". This recipe has an awesome taste with a. These filled pancakes are served during Russia's Pancake Week (Maslenitsa) celebration before Lent begins. You can cook Banana Crepes (Russian Blinis) with Fruit Fillings using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Crepes (Russian Blinis) with Fruit Fillings
- It’s of milk (5.07 oz).
- Prepare of egg.
- Prepare of banana.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour (3 – 4 oz).
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of apple.
- You need of raspberries (5 – 6 oz).
- You need of kiwi.
Traditionally they're filled with caviar, jam, sour cream, or mushroom filling. I live in Russia and I've tried many blini recipes from Russian websites. Blinis are thin Russian pancakes served with sweet or savory sauces. A symbol of the sun, they are eaten en masse during the Russian holiday Maslenitsa.
Banana Crepes (Russian Blinis) with Fruit Fillings instructions
- ! If you have blender, then put all ingredients right away in blender cup.
- Mix milk with egg, sugar and salt in a large bowl so that small bubbles appear on the surface (we used hand blender).
- If you have hand blender add banana and mix again. If no, then mash banana in a separate bowl and add mashed banana into a large bowl with other ingredients.
- Add flour and beat until smooth with a whisk or hand blender. Batter should not be too thick or too thin. If you start frying crepes and you see that they are too thick just add a bit of milk and mix the batter again.
- Add ¼ teaspoon olive oil or a bit less to the batter to prevent crepes from sticking to the pan/skillet. Mix all ingredients again.
- Leave batter in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel and chop apple and kiwi.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet/pan. Add about 2-3 tablespoons batter. Tilt skillet/pan so that batter spreads to cover the bottom of skillet/pan. Crepes should be thin. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Repeat process with remaining batter, grease skillet only if crepes start to stick to the pan.
- Put fruit filling on the crepe, roll the crepe as an envelope.
- Put leftovers of fruits as a side.
And you can add the famous Russian blinis to this list of fortuitous flukes. We owe this recipe to a tired traveller sitting by a fire and laughing at a. This traditional Russian pancakes (blini) recipe is a pearl of Russian cuisine. Russian pancakes (blini), also known as blinis or blinchiki, are near and dear to the people Sweet and Savory Fillings for Blini. I promise you, this blini recipe will become an instant hit because they are much wider and.