Fruit and Nut Cookies. Jump to the Fruit and Nut Chocolate Cookies Recipe or read on to see our tips for making them. These chocolate cookies are packed with chopped nuts, dried fruit and chocolate. They were originally inspired by Joanne's favorite chocolate bar: Cadbury's Fruit and Nut Milk Chocolate Bar.
This home baked biscuit gives an opportunity to. Get a little extra crunch from these totally fab cookies. They're boosted with healthful ingredients and taste even better! You can have Fruit and Nut Cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit and Nut Cookies
- It’s of Butter, chopped.
- It’s of Caster sugar.
- It’s of Brown sugar.
- You need of no Egg, beaten.
- You need of Plain flour.
- Prepare of Baking soda.
- You need of Vanilla essence.
- You need of Cashew nuts, chopped (lightly roasted).
- Prepare of Raisins, halved.
A versatile and crumbly shortbread cookie with your favourite combination of fruit and nuts; recently described by a friend of mine as moorish! Here is one of my favorite cookies. My Mom used to tell me that these were healthy breakfast cookies and would pack a couple in my lunch if I didn't have time to eat breakfast before school. Mint cake sprinkled with powdered sugar on dark surface with fresh oranges mandarins.
Fruit and Nut Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven at 160°C for 10 minutes..
- Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted flour and baking soda mixture. Add cashew nuts and raisins, mix well..
- Drop level tablespoons of mixture about 5 cm apart onto a baking paper lined oven tray, press down lightly. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Stand cookies 2 minutes before lifting onto wire rack to cool..
- NOTES – Sift together the flour and baking soda..
- Any kind of fruit and nut can be substituted for cashew nuts and raisins. The original recipe calls for walnuts and choc bits..
- For measuring fruit and nut i used 250 ml measuring cup..
- Recipe source – cafe cakes by Australian Women's Weekly..
Stollen traditional Christmas ftuitcake with dried fruit and nut. Add the flour, nuts, and fruit, and stir until just combined. Remove the cookies from the oven, and transfer them to a rack to cool. When completely cool, wrap airtight and store at room temperature; freeze for longer storage. However today I wanted to try a different flavour and instead experimented with these Fruit & Nut Breakfast Cookies which went down a treat.