Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake. A slice of Rum or Brandy infused fruitcake heralds the warmth of Christmas. If a bite of boozy doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies, I don't know what will! This delicious Boozy Fruit Salad combines cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi and pineapple all soaked in Limoncello and garnished with fresh mint.
Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! Juice and/or booze – for a traditional boozy Christmas Cake, just. This Boozy Christmas Cake is AMAZING. You can have Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake
- It’s of Chopped dried fruit and nut of your choice.
- It’s of dark rum.
It's a sweet rum cake filled with my homemade tutti frutti, golden raisins, pistachios and dates. Fruit cake has such a bad rep, which is why I'm calling this Boozy Christmas Cake instead. That just sounds so much better, doesn't it? Vegan Christmas cake – a rich, moist and boozy vegan fruit cake that is perfect for the festive season.
Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake instructions
- Finely chop up the dried fruits and nuts..
- In a clean, dry glass or ceramic jar, add the chopped dry fruits and nuts and the rum. Mix well together with a wooden spoon..
- Seal the jar with a lid and keep in a cool, dry place away from sunlight..
- Every two or three days, give the fruit a mix and add about ¼ cup more rum if it looks too dry..
- You can throw in any dried fruit of your choice. I used dates, sultanas, a mixture of golden and black raisins, dried figs, dried apricot, and cashew. Candied Ginger and Orange are quite often added to the traditional cakes, but these don't favor my palate and hence I have left it out. Feel free to add in case you like these flavors..
- I have soaked Cashew along with the dried fruit. You really don't need to. If you like your nuts crisp, chop them and add along with an assortment of other nuts directly into your cake batter..
- You can also use Whiskey, Brandy, or good quality Port or Sherry to replace the rum used in the recipe..
- If you are looking at an alcohol-free version of cake, you can soak the dried fruit and nut in freshly squeezed orange juice. But please remember that such a cake will have a short shelf life as opposed to the cake containing alcohol soaked fruits..
- Please remember to use only glass or ceramic jars to soak the fruits. Metallic or plastic containers may not be your best choice as the alcohol may react with the metal or plastic which could be harmful..
Eat right away or make in advance and feed The fruit can be left to soak for up to a week – I gave mine three days. At CakeClicks.com find thousands of cakes categorized into thousands of categories. Flourishing Foodie: Boozy Christmas Fruit Cake. flourishingfoodie.com. The best boozy cakes and puddings to enjoy this Christmas. This Cypriot-inspired trifle is layered with brandy and syrup-soaked sponge, poached fruit in jelly, chopped spoon sweets For a tasty (but nevertheless boozy) alternative to traditional Christmas pudding, try this moist, light, rich and.