Taisen's Mini Fruit Pies. If using a square pan, use a square biscuit or cookie cutter to cut the dough to fit the pan. If using a mini-muffin pan, use round cutters or a glass turned upside down. They each have a unique and simple pie crust.
Berry Fruit Pie Better Homes and Gardens. These mini fruit pies are delicious and easy to make. The crust is golden, crispy and perfectly flaky. You can have Taisen's Mini Fruit Pies using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taisen's Mini Fruit Pies
- Prepare of of pre made pie crusts or you can make your own.
- You need of of any variety and flavor fruit ( apple, cherry, blueberry, strawberry, blackberry , etc ) or you can make fresh.
- Prepare of flour for rolling out dough ( maybe less as I didn't measure it , just put enough I needed to make sure it didn't stick to anything ).
- You need of brown sugar if desired for apple filling ( u can add more or less ).
- You need of cinnamon if desired for apple filling ( more or less depending on your preferences ).
- Prepare of sugar for blueberry and cherry filling if desired ( again more or less depending on preferences ).
- It’s of egg for egg wash.
- You need of water for egg wash.
- It’s of circle shape or you can free hand it with a knife. I used a top of a frosting container.
Add a sprinkle of coarse sea salt on top and you'll swear It's hard to believe that these mini fruit pies are gluten-free and dairy-free. Inside the pies are a sweet filling – made up of your favorite fruit. Fill the shells with a super simple cream cheese vanilla bean filing, and top with your favorite fruit! Perfect size for a late day snack or quick breakfast.
Taisen's Mini Fruit Pies step by step
- If your using pre made pie crust, set it out at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover your workspace with some flour. Roll out one of the pie crusts. I made mine a bit bigger to get more out of it..
- Using a round cookie cutter, other object round or free hand cut circles out of the dough. If you don't cut all the way through, take a knife and carefully finish it..
- Spray your cupcake tin with cooking spray so they don't stick or you can use oil and flour..
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Make your egg wash with 1 egg and water. Mix well.
- Place the circles in the cupcake pan. Press firmly but don't pack it in to hard..
- In a bowl, add the fruit filling of your choice and any extra cinnamon or sugar or anything else you want. Mix well. Add this into the cups, but don't over fill. As you can see, I over filled but I liked them just fine !.
- Now, taking the extra dough from the first pie crust, put it back into a ball shape, knead it and re roll it out. Taking a knife, cut strips to make lattice or you can do a full covering pie crust or even use different shaped cookie cutters for fun ! You will need to use some of the 2 nd pie crust for this as well..
- Make your lattice or whichever top you choose. If using the strips like I did, trim excess ends when finished placing them.
- Using a brush , coat each top with the egg wash , or if your like me and don't have one use your finger as long as it's clean !.
- Put these in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown..
- Serve later or right away. Enjoy !.
Our mini apple pies have the same great taste as our classic apple pie, except they're small enough to take with you anywhere on-the-go. What makes these the best fruit pies around? The scrumptious fruity filling and flaky crust are no. It's easy to convert fruit pie recipes to mini pie pans. For pans, you will need a set of four mini pie pans.