Soft and Buttery Milk and Yoghurt Bread Recipe. How To Make Chinese Bakery Style Ham and Onion Bread Rolls This recipe yields two loaves of buttermilk white bread, a deservedly popular bread. Place the butter or margarine and buttermilk in a small saucepan.
These rolls are essentially taking the best of soft and fluffy garlic rolls and combining it with a quick "lamination" method before. bread/dough/yogurt/buttermilk/cheese. Southern Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe – These are so good! It creates soft, FLAVORFUL pizza crust every time perfect for whatever type of pizza you're making – and it's easier than you. You can cook Soft and Buttery Milk and Yoghurt Bread Recipe using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft and Buttery Milk and Yoghurt Bread Recipe
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour + more for kneading.
- Prepare 2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 of large egg + 1 large egg yolk for egg wash.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need of Vegetable oil, as needee.
Buttermilk Banana Bread – This is the best banana bread recipe ever! This is an easy recipe and the bread is so moist and delicious. I made this banana bread recipe when I had over ripe bananas and left-over buttermilk in the refrigerator. If we don't have buttermilk in the fridge, the closest substitute would be another dairy product with a little acidity added — milk with a spoonful of lemon juice or white vinegar does the job quite nicely.
Soft and Buttery Milk and Yoghurt Bread Recipe step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, keeping the salt and yeast away from each other. Stir to combine..
- In another medium mixing bowl or large measuring cup, combine all the wet ingredients and whisk or mix thoroughly to combine..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and butter. Mix thoroughly with a spatula until everything is well combined..
- Heavily flour a work surface with flour and oil your hands. Turn the dough out onto the surface and knead to bring the dough together..
- Knead the dough by hand for about 7 – 8 minutes. After kneading, form the dough into a ball and poke it. If it comes back at you, it is done, if not, knead an extra 2 more minutes..
- Lightly oil the mixing bowl you used with oil (It doesn't need washing) and place the dough in. Cover with cling film or a clean kitchen napkin and place in a warm area to rise for about an hour(Do not put in a closed oven, the temperature will be too high, a half closed cabinet or cupboard should do.).
- After about an hour, the dough should have doubled in size..
- With fists, gently punch out the gas from the dough and transfer back to a heavily floured surface. Knead for another 2 minutes and form a ball again..
- At this point, you can shape the dough into any shape or size you want. I did one standard loaf bread by first dividing the dough into two, 1 being twice the size of the other. For the large piece, roll it out with a rolling pin till the dough is flat and long..
- Then starting with the short side, roll the dough into a log seam side down. After stretch it out a bit and place in a standard greased loaf pan..
- For the other dough, I did a braided design by rolling the dough out like before, then divide it into two. Roll each dough with a rolling pin till thin and starting with the long side, roll the dough into a log, after with a sharp knife, split the dough down the middle but not all the way through, braid the dough and seal at the end by just pinching the ends together..
- Cover both doughs again and let rise in a warm place again for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, the dough should have doubled in size and puffed up nicely..
- With a brush, gently spread the egg wash all over the breads..
- Bake the breads in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the middle rack for the first 20 minutes and top rack for the last 15 minutes. To check the doneness, check on the top of the bread, if it bounces and is a beautiful golden brown colour, it is done..
- Cool for 3 minutes in the pan run a knife around the edges to loosen it up and take it out of the pan so the bottom doesn't get soggy..
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a drizzle of honey, some butter or jam.(optional). They can also be used for delicious sandwiches. This bread can be reheated in the oven or microwave. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month and refrigerated for up to 1 week for the best taste. Happy baking!.
This mixture won't get as thick and creamy as buttermilk. This easy Buttermilk Banana Bread Recipe always gets rave reviews! Some say it is the BEST banana bread recipe out there. I am always trying to find new uses for brown bananas and buttermilk. I always seem to have an abundance of these two ingredients.