Quick Pizza with Pita bread. This veggie pita bread pizza is a quick and easy dinner idea that comes in handy on busy weeknights! Pita bread pizza is so, so simple and one of our favorite ways to make a quick weeknight meal. All you need to do is remember to stock pita bread in your refrigerator.
I used whole-wheat pitas and pizza sauce from Trader Joe's. Easy Pita Bread PizzaFood.com. pita bread, mozzarella cheese, spices, olive oil, spaghetti, dried herbs. I once had a craving for a pizza, but I didn't have the things to make pizza dough, so I got this idea! You can have Quick Pizza with Pita bread using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Pizza with Pita bread
- Prepare of pita bread.
- You need of pizza sauce.
- It’s of cheese (of your choice).
- It’s of sliced onion; medium size.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- It’s of shredded parmesan.
- You need of tabasco smoked paprika sauce.
- You need of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s of Papa John's special seasoning.
- It’s of Papa John's red chili flakes.
- Prepare of Substitute.
- Prepare of you can sustitute basil with either fresh basil leaves or Italian seasoning.
A good recipe for kids, too. I use pocket-less pitas we buy from Indian grocery, but I'm sure regular will work. Just set up pita loaves, sauce, and your toppings buffet style, and allow your kids' imagination to take over. We highly recommend using these pita pizzas for after-school snacks, sleepovers, Friday night movies or just whenever your kids need a quick pick-me-up in under.
Quick Pizza with Pita bread instructions
- On the bottom side of the Pita bread, apply butter..
- Throw it over a pan on low heat. Now, top it with pizza sauce and cheese..
- Arrange the onion by pressing it slightly into the bread..
- Cover and cook for 5 mins on medium heat. Turn off heat, open it and add Tabasco sauce to it. Finally, sprinkle Basil on top. Also spice it with packets from Papa John's to taste. Serve hot..
- Alternatively, you can ready up all this and nuke it in microwave safe plate for 4 minutes (or 1 additional minute if not done)..
This pizza recipe has been in the family for years. Originally, my mom would use the big homemade pitas for the crust Years ago it was very hard to find pita bread in a supermarket, I had to get them at the Middle-Eastern grocery stores but now you can find them in just about any local supermarket. Pizza only needs a few minutes to cook. In the Air Fryer and with Pita Bread, we need a lower temperature for a longer time to give the Pita a chance to warm up and not burn Air Fryers tend to cook quicker than ovens, I have found and different brands of Air Fryers cook different from each other. Kids will love this quick supper.