Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread"). My mom and I made this sun bread for Litha (the Summer Solstice), but it would also be a great design for Lughnasadh/Lammas coming up soon It's also a fun bread to make whenever you want to bring some sun energy into your life! Start by making your dough, and getting it through the second rise. Sun Bread is the quintessential buttery bread, extra butter melting and soaking through its pores as well as mixed into the dough itself.
As for a Lammas ritual, I don't have any specific plans. I think I do better by just winging it. Or, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, do you have any plans for Imbolc? You can have Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread") using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread")
- You need 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tbs. of poppyseeds.
- You need 1 tbs. of grated lemon peel.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need of powdered sugar.
For the recipes that call for date syrup or honey, I used honey simply because I had a lot of it. Date syrup was found in my grocery store. Today, garden vegetables like squash, beets, zucchini/courgettes, and parsnips are also great in baking, and inspired this fresh, moist cake. Check out this solace sun bread tutorial and learn how to shape and paint bread!
Imbolc Ritual Cake (I call this "sun bread") instructions
- This is all done in one pan, so clean up is a breeze! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking soda, and salt with a fork in an ungreased 9x9x2 baking pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the powdered sugar. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, and the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 8 servings.
Disclaimer: Links in the post are Amazon Affiliate links to products I love. There may be other affiliate links to other products I love as well. Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in Sun Bread based on the calories and nutrition in each ingredient, including Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, unenriched, Butter, unsalted, Egg, fresh, whole, raw, Granulated Sugar, Yeast, bakers and the other ingredients in this recipe. With a lilting, rhyming text, colorful illustrations, and a recipe for baking your own sun bread, this tasty treat from the illustrator of the best-selling Abuela is just right for all ages to enjoy. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh In a split second, Jenna Gray's world descends into a nightmare.