Pizza dough. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. This recipe for everyday pizza dough is one we've worked on together over the years, tweaking something here and adding something there, until finally coming to a consensus. Anthony Falco of Roberta's in Bushwick, Brooklyn, teaches Sam Sifton how to make restaurant-style pizza dough at home.
In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Making pizza dough at home couldn't get any easier than with my simple pizza dough recipe. You'll never want to buy or order pizza again. You can cook Pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- It’s of dough (1 litre).
- You need of instant yeast.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s of luke warm water.
Making homemade pizza dough is a fairly simple process. The only part that requires some skill is the stretching. Do you need to throw the pizza dough into the air like in your favorite pizzeria? Making a great pizza dough is easy.
Pizza dough step by step
- Take about 5 cups flour in a bowl and create a hole in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt and oil in the centre of the flour.
- Slowly and gradually add the water to the flour to form a medium hard dough. Dont worry if it's hard since it will soften as the dough rises.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes to make a smooth texture then cover with a plastic.
- The longer you leave the dough the better it rises when cooking. Best is overnight for better results.
- Roll out the dough to preferred size and add ingredients as desired.
- Preheat the oven to 220-230°C for about 10-15 mins.
- If you add semolina to the base of the pizza before cooking it helps avoid sticking and adds a great taste to the pizza.
- Then cook the pizza for about 10-15 minutes until the dough rises and the cheese melts.
- You can also freeze your pizzas to eat it ready whenever you feel lazy to cook.
- All you have to do is cook it for 5-7 mins until the dough rises but not fully cooked.
Or at least it's not that hard. Place the pizza on a floured baking sheet (with no edge) or a pizza peel – this is a flat pizza paddle with a long handle, which makes it easier to get the dough on and off the grill. Pizza has achieved cult status for a reason: it's amazing. To make sure you really nail your homemade pizza, here are all our best tips on the most important part: the dough! And because pizza crust gets so much love, why limit it to pizza?