Spanish Bread. Spanish Bread brings back memories of hot afternoon snacks back home with these soft bread coming out of brown paper bags, warm and fresh from the bakery. The sweet, buttery paste filling is my favorite. How to make the classic Spanish Bread?
Bread flour and All-purpose flour: Mixing these two kinds of flour allows us to control the protein content of the bread. Spanish Bread is something that you should really try baking. These log-shaped bread with butter and sugar paste filling is truly hearty comfort food. You can have Spanish Bread using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish Bread
- It’s of Dough:.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar, for yeast.
- You need 2 tsp of active dry or instant yeast.
- It’s 1 cup of milk, warm.
- Prepare 1 pc of medium-sized egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar, for dough.
- You need of Filling:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of condensed milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of fine bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all-purpose cream.
The term "Spanish bread" can refer to a wide variety of different doughy morsels. In reality, Spanish bread can be many different things, and people from different parts of the world might be unable to. Spanish Bread: In the Philippines, Spanish bread is a staple in every bakery and a favorite mid-day snack paired with hot cocoa or coffee by Filipinos. Spanish Bread is a Filipino type of bread filled with breading doused with sugar and margarine.
Spanish Bread instructions
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180C..
- Start by adding yeast into warm milk and allowing it to bloom for 10mins..
- Add egg and melted butter into the yeast mixture and whisk for a few seconds..
- Add flour, salt and sugar into the wet ingredients and mixed until it roughly formes a dough..
- Once workable, knead for 5-8 minutes until stretchy and smooth..
- Once kneaded, form onto a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- To make the filling: combine butter, sugar, condensed milk, bread crumbs, flour and cream. Set aside..
- Once the dough has been proofed, punch out the gas from the dough and divide equally into 16 pieces, each formed to a ball..
- Flatten each ball lengthwise and fill with about 1 tbsp of the filling spread evenly thoughout the dough, but avoiding about half an inch of the sides..
- Carefully roll each dough, similarly rolling a cinammon roll. Pinch the seams and tuck the sides..
- Cover each piece with fine breadcrumbs and place into a pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for another 30 mins..
- Once ready, bake for about 18-20 minutes or until browned..
A popular Filipino bread eaten usually during tea time. Home » Breads » Rustic Spanish Bread. Handmade polymer clay spanish bread also known as pan bolio unpainted perfect for your crafting needs. All bread-loving countries feel that their bread is the best in the world, and Spain is no different. Here's a guide to Spanish bread.