Bread Pudding. This lightly spiced bread pudding is made with simple pantry items like bread, eggs, milk, and sugar. My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine tuned to their taste. Bread pudding is one of America's most comforting desserts.
One of the best things about this dessert is that it can be made using leftovers. Bread pudding is a bread-based dessert found in many countries. If you have leftover bread that's on the verge of going bad – don't waste it by throwing it out! You can have Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need 1 loaf of French Bread.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- It’s 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Nutmeg.
- You need 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of Honey.
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. Because bread pudding is so popular and versatile, every good cook will need a variety of recipes in their arsenal. Make sure the bread pudding is cooled completely Like most baked treats, bread pudding is usually done when you run a knife or skewer through the. A few weeks ago, I had the great honor of joining my friend Christy Jordan from Southern Plate and the amazing folks from AllSouth Appliance on a road trip to Louisville.
Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my.. Vegan Bread Pudding, Classic Bread Pudding, Skinny Bread Pudding. Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding Create Mindfully. For this classic Bread Pudding, challah bread is soaked in a rich custard spiked with spiced rum and vanilla, and baked until golden. It's a great make-ahead dessert, and wonderful with ice cream!